Tuesday, December 7, 2010

...


We searched all day. I can’t find him.
Police called a counselor in for my family. She told me to keep writing for two reasons. She said it was therapeutic and that some clue, anything in what I write could help us find him.
She said to write exactly what happened today. She said to write exactly what I told her. So I’ll write it.
I was walking up to my room after breakfast this morning. My room is just after his room. I saw his door was open a little bit.
I saw the man with the suit in James’s room. 
His back was toward me. I tried to rush into the room. I tried.
There was nothing in his room when I burst in. No man. No James. I must have screamed, or yelled, or something, because my mom was next to me a few seconds later.
The police showed up half an hour later. I just sat on the couch. I could have been looking for James, but I didn’t do anything. Anything.
They formed a search team. They looked in the woods for hours. I tried to help but they wouldn't let me.
The police secured his room and had some guy come in and take pictures. They said they couldn’t file a missing persons report until he had been gone 48 hours, but they investigated anyway. All they found in his room were the pair of binoculars and a piece of cloth.
The piece of cloth wasn’t there before. James didn’t have anything resembling it either. The police said they are considering it a lead.
One of the policemen said they had seen this before. A kid gone missing with a piece of cloth left behind.
I’m going to find this man in the suit.
I’m going to kill him.
I'm going to get my brother back.

2 comments:

  1. He was wearing a hat, but I think he was.

    Please, if you have any information about this man, tell me. The police need any leads. I need leads.

    ReplyDelete