Sunday, November 28, 2010

Entry #4

Done with NaNoWriMo! I’d include the link to the banner here, but I’m not well-versed enough with HTML and stuff to add it here. Instead, I’d like to talk about drawing. I’m trying to draw some pictures to accompany the novel, but I can’t seem to get the proportions right for any person I draw. The arms are always waaaay too long. Same with the hands, they always end up looking all claw-y. >.<
Maybe I just shouldn’t draw; my pictures always end up too depressing. XD
Have you ever noticed how annoying the word spell-checker is? The little red squiggly line underlines dubstep because it doesn’t recognize it as a word, so I end up having tons of the squiggles in every post.
Anyway, I didn’t have swimming or tennis this weekend, seeing as all the coaches are away and the tennis club is closed for the weekend, as well as the pools I swim at. So no news there.
I did get to go mountain biking at an awesome park near me, with my little brother. There’s at least 20 miles of difficult trails there, and we must have biked at least 5 miles. There’s practically nobody at this park because nobody knows about it (thankfully!). If you bike one of the trails the correct way, it’s downhill all the way—no pun intended. At the top it’s a straight downhill, then a HUGE natural banked turn. You have to take the turn at full speed or else you crash into a tree, which I found out the painful way the first time. XD
Then it’s about fifty feet down this bare rock face, which is REALLY dangerous if you fall, seeing as you’ll fall and basically skin yourself to the bone if you slide down the rock. At the bottom of the trail there are two jumps that you have to take. One is pretty tiny, but the other one sends you into the air for at least 5 seconds. Of course, I had to take that one. I nearly broke my bike. :P
Then, after that, there’s this really narrow bridge over a river—really, it’s a river, not a stream. The river is at least 30 feet wide, and you have to cross over on this two-foot-wide plank that’s quite rickety.
We had finished that trail, which is quite the adrenaline rush, let me tell you, and we were biking back to the house when we saw this other little trail off to the side. It looked barely used, but steep…so of course we had to try it. It was pretty awesome. There was one guy on the trail so we had to brake and we couldn’t go full speed on the whole trail. :/
He was wearing a business suit. Seriously, who would wear a business suit hiking? It didn’t make sense, but he seemed to be looking for something out in the woods. I didn’t really see him because there was a downhill after we passed him, but he had a hat on, like a bowler hat. He must have been freezing, but he was just chilling.
That trail was called the Gut Loop, pretty fitting seeing as if you fell you would probably get gutted. No lie, it’s really dangerous, especially with cold mud splattering everywhere. :O
I’m not going to do a music review today; this post is pretty long as it is.
See you!
R.C.

2 comments:

  1. What a breath of fresh air it is to read of your exploits. Perhaps this gentleman was lost? Did you consider his age?

    Not to worry, I am sure a man with suit and bowler was well equip to deal with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's nice to know someone's reading my stuff, and even better if you think it's somewhat interesting. :D

    You mean the guy on the trail? I honestly didn't pay much attention to him. I doubt he was lost, he was only a little ways from the main trail. I assumed he was looking for something he had dropped. I couldn't tell how old he was, we were going WAY too fast on the bikes to tell. But I don't normally pay attention to people, I just found it odd he was in a suit...and hiking. o,O

    ReplyDelete