Thursday, November 25, 2010

Entry #1, Introductions and Stuff

Hi all! ^_^
So I decided to make a blog today. I don’t know why, I just felt like it. I had been turning the idea around in my head for a while, but I always thought it would take too much time. Then, today, I thought, “Oh, what the heck,” and signed up. :D
Anyways, on this blog I’m going to do some semi-journal entries and stuff (obviously nothing TOO personal, seeing as this is on the Internet for everyone to see) and I’m going to review some music (seeing as I’m a budding Drum&Bass producer myself, it’s going to be mostly Drum&Bass and some Dubstep).
I’m very active in sports. I’m a hardcore swimmer, but I play tennis as well. Swim season is in full swing now, and my club team has a meet practically every weekend until the end of March. ._. Those meets are quite tiring. Thank gawd we have a break for Thanksgiving—of course, the break is only the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day, we’re in the pool right after.
So, swimming takes up most of my time. I’m homeschooled though, so I have more time to do various activities than most people, I guess. Also, just remembered to add that I’m a guy lol.
I suppose that was my awkward introduction part, and now I’ll do a music review. I don’t see the need to do a journal entry for my first post, so I’ll just do a review. This review is of the Drum&Bass producer on Youtube named TwoThirds. Now, he has some absolutely amazing stuff. He seems to specialize in liquid DnB, which flows really well.
Strings seem to feature prominently into his music. He likes to keep things very organic, and therefore quite pleasing to the ear. I could sit and listen to his stuff for hours. :D
His latest song (as of this post) is called Military Mind, a really calming piece. The piano is beautiful, and the drums mesh perfectly with the bass riff. Keep in mind this stuff is all done on the computer, and let me tell you that I have enormous respect for this guy because I can’t make any of my music sound this good. XD
I love me some liquid DnB, and TwoThirds’ stuff is some of the highest quality non-professional (yet!) music you can find out there. I wish I could word this review better to fully describe his awesome sounds, but I think you get the picture.
Find Lewis (TwoThirds’ real name) on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/dranner123 .
P.S. I’m going to try to update this once a day, but on weekends that may be a little bit difficult.
Hope I’m not talking to myself! :P
R.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment